Friday, August 18, 2006

Nomv 0.7.4.1

For this intermediate version I focused on the GUI (it's the "terrible GUI update" I wrote on the previous post).

I'm trying to separate Nomignolov from the GUI. By doing this I hope I could reuse the GUI to write some small utility programs for Nomv or completely different things. My idea is eventually to publish the GUI's sources.

The AI is still very weak. It analyses a fixed number of moves ahead for every game. To speed it up a bit (a lot), it looks ahead at each node with probability 0.5. I plan to work on the algorithm so that the number of moves depends on the branching factor of the game's tree, and on the time granted by the user.

I still need to update the documentation.

Nomv 0.7.4.1 is here.

It's time for this tired programmers to have an holiday, so I'll be visiting Budapest and other near places for the next two weeks (not that this blog is fast paced enough to need such an announcement!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home