Saturday, May 27, 2006

About Nomv's short term future

My program is an hobby project. Nomv (hey, that's Nomignolov in brief!) is nearly completed. The program I had in mind can:
  • display a board in any shape or form;
  • let a human move pieces in the board according to game rules;
  • generate a random game according to game rules;
  • let anybody add a new game (and provide relevant documentation);
  • be download from the internet.
Well, I think Nomv 0.6 (beta) is that program! Version 1 will be nearly the same as this one, probably just with a nicer GUI, some more games, a well-kept documentation. But I need some feedback to do this (and maybe some help).

AI. Nomv doesn't have any AI and in the short term I don't plan to add one. My dream is to write, in the long term future, a general AI that make Nomignolov capable of playing at any given game better than with random moves. And this is not easy!

Script AI. In theory it's possible to write an AI for any game in the script. The function "list_moves" could check if it's up to the pc to move. In this case, the list of moves would be studied, and the function could return only the better one. In the near future I plan to add an optional function in the script that select the better move from the list. From Nomv it will be possible to choose among "Human", "Random" or "Script AI".

Linux. Nomv will be compiled for Linux soon.

Credits and help. In the near future I plan to add some optional variable to game scripts: the name of the game's inventor; a game description and some rules of how to move. I'll display this information in Nomv.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean Manuel Morales said...

I sent you a (long) mail.
Bye, Jean

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home